Collector labels

Jump to solution
09-11-2016 04:56 AM
AliBarakat
Occasional Contributor II

Hello,

I created labels for my layer in the webmap, but i cant see it in the collector app.

i tried it with a feature and a map service.

is there an additional this i should do to see the labels in the collector app?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PeteCrosier
Occasional Contributor III

Hi - Collector does not support labels. You may see them if you take your map offline in Collector, but this is not official support for labels.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
PeteCrosier

Hi - Collector does not support labels. You may see them if you take your map offline in Collector, but this is not official support for labels.

JuanLuera

Hola All!

I just wanted to pass this along from our resources within Support Services. At the moment this option will not be added to Collector but I would suggest posting this within ArcGIS Ideas in GeoNet. Gracias, All!

NIM103495 - Add label support to Collector for ArcGIS app.

https://community.esri.com/ideas/10206 

Juan

BertKraan1

Ali, have you seen  this: https://community.esri.com/thread/105536  it seems to sort of answer you question.

JuanLuera

All!

As Bert suggested on the post he added to the discussion. There are several suggestions within that post not only by Russ but others on that chain. I have seen success with using a custom basemap that has labels on the vector data, annotation feature classes, etc. Gracias, All!

Juan

AliBarakat
Occasional Contributor II

Hey Juan, 

thank you very much for you helpful support for my latest questions regarding the collector.

I have another question i hope you can help me with.

i have a webmap configured to be used offline.

on my ios device i downloaded the map and it is working perfectly fine

but on my android device when i click download it gives me this message:

Is it an issue in android? or should i do something from the portal?

thanks again

Regards,

Ali

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have labelled a feature layer in arcgis pro and published it on Agol and the labels are visible in collector. I can't change or remove labels in Agol and remain the change in collector.

0 Kudos
ECECGIS
New Contributor II

How can ESRI create something as useful as an offline map and then say Collector "doesn't support labeling". This is the exact kind of thing keeping people from adopting ArcGIS Pro. ESRI will willingly distribute & market an incomplete & faulty product, even though they have almost no serious competition. 

JoshWhite
Regular Contributor III

Could not agree with you more.  However, in the time since you posted this, ArcGIS Pro has improved greatly.

Josh White, AICP
Principal Planner

City of Arkansas City
0 Kudos