Can anyone point me to a video or document which has all the commands and how to use them for Survey123?

09-09-2016 09:30 AM
WASA
by
New Contributor

I have looked at the ESRI UC 2016 video on Survey123 creating Smart forms but I need some place I can go to, be it video or document which has the commands available and how to use them effecvitvely

0 Kudos
7 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Cheryl,

I find the samples within Survey123 Connect very helpful.  To access them, open Survey123 Connect and click on 'New Survey'.  Then you can click on Samples on the left.  They include great examples for calculations, cascading selects, expressions, etc.

WASA
by
New Contributor

thank you very much Jake, it was indeed helpful

0 Kudos
DanielWickens
Esri Contributor

Hi Cheryl,

Survey 123 for ArcGIS uses the XLSForm specification to create smart forms that can be brought into ArcGIS. It is a widely adopted standard and is described at length at xlsform.org

Survey123 for ArcGIS supports a large amount of the XLSForm spreadsheet specification features.

• data validation
  • default values
  • singleline text
  • multiline text
  • single choice
  • multiple choice
  • dropdown
  • number
  • date
  • time
  • geopoint

Here is a Quick Reference Guide from the Survey for ArcGIS 123 help documentation that briefly explains each XLSForm feature that is currently available for use. 

Cheers,

Daniel

WASA
by
New Contributor

thanks Daniel, will have a look

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Cheryl,

Please checkout these tutorial videos on Survey123 for ArcGIS, Survey123 - YouTube 

Survey123 for ArcGIS help doc: Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

The Survey123 blog also has some great info:  

Hope this helps,

WASA
by
New Contributor

thank you Derek, I've started going through these

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

On top of all the great suggestions above, when authoring your XLSForm, you can also look at the Types worksheet where you will find a quick guide of the most common question types, appearances and formulas you can use, right in Microsoft Excel.