Changing zoom scale for Search widget

09-07-2016 01:53 PM
AndrewL
Occasional Contributor II

According to this documentation I can change the zoom level for the Search widget. I have tried it several times but don't see any changes. I save the app every time then relaunch. Shouldn't this change the initial zoom level after you enter an address? Every time I change it it zooms to the same extent however. Maybe I am missing something. Thank you!

Be default, zoom scale is defined as 1:50,000. Change it if necessary.

Search widget—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

0 Kudos
12 Replies
deleted-user-CQZbjNeBXm49
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Andrew,

Yes you can change the zoomscale of the search as describe in the help document but if that is not giving you the desired result, then you can also do it manually in the "Config_Search.json" (using notepad ++ or any text editor and this is assuming you're using the WAB Dev. Edition) as seen in the image below:

Go to you config folder>Search>config_search.json:

Also make sure your main config.json is making use of this config_search.json as seen below:

0 Kudos
AndrewL

Thank you Babatope. I tried that but get the same results. I'm not sure I am understanding what changing the zoom scale actually does. I've tried using 500, 10000, 500000, 2000000 but I don't see any difference after I enter an address. It zooms to the same exact extent. For example, entering 90210 goes to the same exact extent every time.

0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

would it it be possible to share a screen shot of these parts of your codes?, both the config_search.json and the config.json relating to the search? Then I can look at where the issue is.

Baba

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Baba,

If you make changes to the zoomScale yourself and test you will see the issue he is reporting. I tested changing from 50000 to 10000 and it had no effect for me either.

0 Kudos
AndrewL

Robert,

Thanks for checking. I will let Esri Support know about this on Monday.

0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

After making the zoomscale change, do make sure you clear your browser cache so the modifications can take effect. Because I have tried mine with different scales and it does work on my IE 11 browser.

Baba

0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

But mine did change......

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Strange. What version of WAB are you using?

0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

WAB 2.1, and I made the change within the config_search.json after I found out the zoomscale didn't make sense for house-level addresses, see images below:

0 Kudos