How to reinstall ArcGIS for desktop

Jump to solution
09-07-2016 05:19 AM
KelvinMwakomo
Occasional Contributor

I am experiencing numerous issues with multiple programs, and I would like to reinstall Windows.  As regarding ArcGIS and licensing, are there certain steps that I need to perform before and after reinstalling Windows to reinstall ArcGIS?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AlexanderBrown5
Occasional Contributor II

Kelvin,

From this link Authorizing ArcGIS single-use products and features—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop :

"Terminating authorization

If you want to remove single-use licenses from your machine, click Support Operations and click Deauthorize. Follow the instructions to remove the core product and any selected extensions from your machine."

Once you install your windows again, just authorize your products like you did the first time.

~Alex

View solution in original post

4 Replies
AlexanderBrown5

Kelvin,

Are you reinstalling ArcGIS Desktop only, or are there additional products?  If Desktop only, single use licensing? Can you provide a little more detail?

~Alex

0 Kudos
KelvinMwakomo
Occasional Contributor

Yes Alexander, I only reinstall ArcGIS for desktop single use and Spatial analyst for desktop single use.

0 Kudos
AlexanderBrown5

Kelvin,

From this link Authorizing ArcGIS single-use products and features—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop :

"Terminating authorization

If you want to remove single-use licenses from your machine, click Support Operations and click Deauthorize. Follow the instructions to remove the core product and any selected extensions from your machine."

Once you install your windows again, just authorize your products like you did the first time.

~Alex

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

After deauthorization of licence from ArcGIS Admin  and take a save copy of license file then remove you windows  OS. And when you want you can use this license file after your installation..