Topographic basemap level of detail issues

Jump to solution
09-06-2016 09:17 PM
SvenStadtmann
New Contributor

Hello community,

I really like the design of the standard topographic basemap that comes with ArcGIS Pro but I noticed that some of the details are going missing when zooming in. At some point the program enhances the hill shades and that seems to swallow many details such as small lakes and rivers.

I have attached two image highlighting a water body in the Murchison Mountains that is visible when zoomed out, but vanishing when zooming in further.

Is there any way to make these details visible when zoomed in?

cheers,

Sven

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

In ArcGIS Pro, I did a search on NZ Topographic Basemap via the Project Pane and clicked All Portal (i.e. the cloud) for the search.  This particular basemap has much more detail than the standard topographic basemap.  Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

In ArcGIS Pro, I did a search on NZ Topographic Basemap via the Project Pane and clicked All Portal (i.e. the cloud) for the search.  This particular basemap has much more detail than the standard topographic basemap.  Hope this helps!

SvenStadtmann
New Contributor

Sorry for my late reply, I was in the field for a few days. Thank you for the hint I managed to load an LINZ topographic map, that definitely helps! I was amazed by the amount of online data available.

cheers

Sven

0 Kudos