Hi Guys, I am relatively new here. To cut the story short I am trying to see if it will be possible to perform automatic geoprocessing functions and calculations: Clipping automatically and then calculate area of the landcover classes (landcover with area

09-01-2016 07:19 AM
tumishopascal
New Contributor

We developing a wetland tool where wetland condition is calculated from a landscape scale based land-cover classes with their own weights. The approach is made by identifying the land-cover classes within the wetland and from the impacts within up-slope catchment. We trying to make this an automated process by inserting both the input layers (wetland and up-slope catchment) to automatically intersect the land-cover falling in them and their area. Help will be appreciated. I can provide example of the shapefile

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RichardMoussopo
Occasional Contributor III

Yes, it is possible. Are you doing this to be used over the web or on the desktop?

0 Kudos
tumishopascal
New Contributor

Both. Your response will be appreciated. This tool will form part of the large scale wetland condition determination. 

0 Kudos
RichardMoussopo
Occasional Contributor III

You can use modelBuilder to create all the logic. the model can directly be used within ArcGIS Desktop. Publish the geoprocessing task to the server and use that over the web.

tumishopascal
New Contributor

Thanks Richard for the advice, I have so done a mini geoprocessing using Model Builder now I am on the phase of publishing online. I tried publishing but I get an error "we were unable to connect to 

http://gisserver.domain.com:6080/arcgis

Any advice?

0 Kudos