AnsweredAssumed Answered

Change District Lookup Widget's zoom extent?

Question asked by bha_kpiraino on Sep 1, 2016
Latest reply on Sep 1, 2016 by jskinner-esristaff

Currently I am having an issue configuring a polling place locator app where I need to control the zoom extent of the District Lookup widget. The problem I am running into is that in some areas one polling place serves multiple precincts or districts. This is problematic because when a point is placed inside a district where the polling place resides outside of the district, the default selected zoom extent of the widget only zooms to the extent of the district only. I would like to be able to change this function so that when a point is placed inside a district the default selected zoom extent would always include both the district and the point to which it is related. Thus when a user places a point in a district where a polling place doesn't reside within, the default selected zoom extent would include both the district to which the user the resides as well as the polling place to which they must attend.

If there is a work around for this issue or if I am missing a function outside of the widget that would fix this issue I would greatly appreciate any input.

Outcomes