Packaged project unable to open...!

Jump to solution
09-01-2016 08:28 AM
HectorBorro1
Occasional Contributor

I packaged my project to share it with my colleagues resulting in a 3.7Gb PPKX file, transferred it with a USB pen drive and trying to open it on their local computers. File is not opening....  It goes on "thinking" for about 5 minutes and then nothing happens. We both are using ArcGIS pro 1.3.1

I tried opening it directly from ArcGIS and from windows explorer with the same results. 

Am I doing something wrong? Any ideas on how to "unpack" this package and expose all layers and config from the project? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Open a project—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS for Desktop 

in the ppkx section, do you mean when the unpacking is done, there isn't an *.aprx?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Open a project—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS for Desktop 

in the ppkx section, do you mean when the unpacking is done, there isn't an *.aprx?

0 Kudos
HectorBorro1
Occasional Contributor

Well, I managed to look for the ARPX file and opened it directly from Arcgis. 

Thanks for the tip. 
It didn't seem to happen anything after trying to open the packaged file... weird, though.
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

I think the package is just that... a package... the prize is inside, ready to be used.  Perhaps you were expecting a Jack-in-the-box and for the project to open? 

0 Kudos
HectorBorro1
Occasional Contributor

Oh yes, I was fully expecting Jack to come out of the box. I did open the packaged file on another computer and Jack came out indeed  that's why I was troubled that nothing happened.

0 Kudos