I am creating a map that will show the location of orchards. I want to create an orchard symbol which consists of an image of a tree on a green background.
These are the steps I have taken so far:
- Right-click orchard layer, select properties.
- Under Symbology tab click coloured rectangle (in my case I had saved this as the colour I wanted my background to be)
- In Symbol Selector click Edit Symbol
- In the Type drop-down select Marker Fill Symbol
- Click on the Marker button
- Click on Edit Symbol
- Select Character Marker Symbol
- Select Ordnance Survey font (uploaded earlier)
- Select Symbol, click OK, OK
- Select Grid & Fill Properties
- Click OK. I end up with the symbol shown below.
Is it possible to place this symbol on a green background, and if so, how do I do it? The Fill Colour option only affects the symbol itself.
If not, do I have to create an image consisting of the symbol on the coloured background and use a picture marker symbol? (And if so, is there a recommended size that this image should be?)