Populating common attributes from other features by spatail location

08-25-2016 09:55 PM
GordonSumerling
Esri Contributor

Hello,

Continuing on from my farms query. I want to place a survey point inside the farm polygon. The survey feature class has 3 common attributes as the farm feature. So when I capture the survey feature I want it to auto-populate the common attributes in the survey feature from the farm feature. Point in polygon scenario.

It should recognise I am within  the boundary of the farm and populate the owner, paddock ID and crop.

Is there a way Survey123 can cross populate this information or can this be post processed on ArcGIS Online?

Gordon

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

This can certainly be done after the fact in ArcGIS Online using the 'Overlay Layers' analysis function.

In the next version of the Survey123, we will support referencing values from existing tables, though it won't have an automatic detection of polygon based point location- it will be a table value lookup.

0 Kudos
DylanKennard1
New Contributor II

Any update on this?"

"In the next version of the Survey123, we will support referencing values from existing tables, though it won't have an automatic detection of polygon based point location- it will be a table value lookup."

We are trying to autopopulate parcel/address data from the point being on the polygon parcel.  Then have the user validate the address to match the record pull so GPS accuracy can be confirmed against existing data.  This was in ArcMobile 7 years ago on the BP Oil Spill.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Dylan,

I was referencing the pulldata() functionality, which was introduced with version 1.7.  Please see https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2016/10/27/the-pulldata-function-access-external-da... and Formulas—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

0 Kudos