Crowdsource feedback and suggestions

Jump to solution
08-24-2016 10:00 AM
KellyShunn
New Contributor III

Dear ESRI Team, 

I am trying to set up and implement the Crowdsource app for public use at a botanic garden. A few changes would be greatly appreciated for use on small scale areas. I have not read all the previous suggestions and questions to know if these have been mentioned before. 

1. When adding points, there should be an ability to place points and not solely rely on gps location. From what I have tested out, adding a point is only accurate to the street address, but for small scale areas, we would like to see which area of the property a picture came from. This would also help if guests want to submit photos after their visit.

2. The ability within the app to add a basemap layer or polygon layers to highlight the different gardens so that guests could accurately place their points. 

3. After a photo is submitted for review, it would be useful for the reviewer to add a comment to the submitted photo before accepting. For example, if a guest submits the photo of a flower, the institution can identify and add the plant name to the post. I understand that there may be legal or logistic problems with this request, but it is an idea. 

4. Lastly, the ability to customize the prompts of the submit page and/or add an auto-filled "date submitted" to the post. 

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Kelly,

Thanks for taking the time to submit your suggestions and feedback!

1. In the next release (mid-September) we'll be adding a lot more ways for contributors to choose a location including clicking anywhere on the map, dragging the current location to a new location, and reading the location from a geotagged photo.
  2. We're considering that for a future release, but likely not Sept. Currently you can find the web map in My Content (there is also a link to it in the Help panel) and edit it to change the basemap or add additional layers to provide context for your contributors.
  3. Cool idea -- we'll add that to our list of features to consider.
  4. We're working on this for a future release. For now here's a blog post that shares a way to customize the contribution form outside the builder.

Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

2 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Kelly,

Thanks for taking the time to submit your suggestions and feedback!

1. In the next release (mid-September) we'll be adding a lot more ways for contributors to choose a location including clicking anywhere on the map, dragging the current location to a new location, and reading the location from a geotagged photo.
  2. We're considering that for a future release, but likely not Sept. Currently you can find the web map in My Content (there is also a link to it in the Help panel) and edit it to change the basemap or add additional layers to provide context for your contributors.
  3. Cool idea -- we'll add that to our list of features to consider.
  4. We're working on this for a future release. For now here's a blog post that shares a way to customize the contribution form outside the builder.

Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
KellyShunn
New Contributor III

Owen

Thank you for the quick and detailed response! I didn't realize an update was due so soon, and it seems like the most important concerns are going to be addressed on it.

0 Kudos