Image Service Popups for Thematic Rasters

08-24-2016 06:17 AM
GregBacon
New Contributor II

I've published an image service for a land cover raster (8-bit, 1-band .img file) that uses the attribute table raster function to provide access to the land cover class names and the symbology I want.

The identify tool in ArcMap reports the land cover class as well as the pixel value, but I cannot get ArcGIS Online popups to report the pixel values. The legend shows the land cover class names and the colors are correct, but clicking the raster in the map returns a temporary popup saying "No information available." Other image services, LiDAR and aerial photos, do not have this problem. What am I missing for thematic raster image service? Any assistance is appreciated.

Land cover image service in ArcGIS Online

Land cover image service in ArcMap

0 Kudos
4 Replies
BL
by
New Contributor II

I have run into the exact same issue. What is/is there a way to retrieve an attribute in an ArcGIS Online popup from a thematic raster hosted as an image service? I'm trying to identify the landcover class (stored in a raster attribute table) in a popup when a cell is clicked by the user.

0 Kudos
GregBacon
New Contributor II

Tech support is suggesting 1) I try publishing a smaller raster with the function applied or 2)publishing the full size raster without the function. I will try this again soon. I'd be curious to know what they tell you to do if you call.

0 Kudos
GregBacon
New Contributor II

This issue has resolved itself it seems. In both a web map and a Web App Builder app, popups report the pixel value and land cover type.

0 Kudos
TimmNawrocki2
New Contributor

Greg, how did you publish an image service in such a way that the raster attributes can be exposed in a popup by clicking in the web map or web app interface? I have published two land cover rasters as image services, but I can get no popup on click and I see no option to configure a popup.

0 Kudos