Reference Grid in the layout.

Jump to solution
08-22-2016 10:30 AM
NikhilAgarwal
New Contributor

How do I show the reference grid i.e longitude and latitude coordinates on the map layout ? I am trying to do this in arcgis pro. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

then you will have to wait until it is available in PRO, or do the map in ArcMap... read the link, that is why I sent it, it provides a full list of what is NOT available in PRO that IS in ArcMap.  Should save you looking around for stuff that doesn't exist yet.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

If you are referring to grids and graticules for layouts, they are not available it is under cartography tools in the big NOT section ...Make Grids and Graticules Layer

0 Kudos
NikhilAgarwal
New Contributor

I just want to show x and y grid in my final layout and print the map with the grid on. 

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

then you will have to wait until it is available in PRO, or do the map in ArcMap... read the link, that is why I sent it, it provides a full list of what is NOT available in PRO that IS in ArcMap.  Should save you looking around for stuff that doesn't exist yet.

JoshWhite
Regular Contributor III

Its been some time since this post.  I looked at the link and I'm not sure I understand.  I am able to create graticule and measured grids but not referenced grids which is what I need.  I need the ability to say look in A1 to find X feature on the map.  For now, I'll continue using ArcMap for this.  However, this is a feature that Pro needs to eventually have if they want me to stop using ArcMap entirely.  I have a list of things that also force me to continue using ArcMap as well but this is just one of them.  

Josh White, AICP
Principal Planner

City of Arkansas City
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

https://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=ddb2deec9b5e4a09affe60de68f5ff4e 

hexagons, rectangles, squares, rotated or not… if memory serves, they are there...

two years is a long time though

0 Kudos
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Josh, 

Support for the display of reference grids is something we are currently working on for the 2.3 release. The ability to create indexed results (ex: Phila.   -   D1, D2) is something we hope to get to in a future release.

Tom 

JoshWhite
Regular Contributor III

Thanks Tom!  I just wanted to make sure it was on the radar.  I can deal with that.  I only use this functionality some of the time.  

Josh White, AICP
Principal Planner

City of Arkansas City
0 Kudos
ShaunDillon1
Occasional Contributor

I cant figure out if what I am looking for is available or not. I am trying to do the equivalent to this in layout for printing maps:

If it is doable, can someone please direct me to where I set this?

0 Kudos
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Shaun, 

It is available.  Please refer to the help topic - https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/help/layouts/grids-and-graticules.htm. Your screenshot shows graticules (in degrees minutes and seconds). So you might be interested in this help topic - https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/help/layouts/add-and-modify-graticules.htm

Hope this helps, 

Tom