I am attempting to update my data source in Pro; the links are not necessarily broken, I just want to update the entire .gdb the current project is referring to

08-16-2016 01:03 PM
ElvisTakow1
Esri Contributor

In essence, I am interested in changing the project data source. It currently references a particular .gdb however I would like to update that reference and point to a different .gdb 

This process was seamlessly done previously using Arc Catalog but not sure what the work flow is in ArcGIS Pro...thoughts? 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

If you go into the Pro Options->Current Settings, you can change the Default Geodatabase for the project.  If you'd rather ALL Pro projects use a particular geodatabase, go to Pro Options -> Application -> General -> Default Geodatabase (Use the same geodatabase as the default for all projects).

Hope this helps!

Robert

ElvisTakow1
Esri Contributor

Hello Robert...thanks for the response however I was hoping to re-point all the layers in my existing project and Geodatabase to a new Geodatabase. Apparently the current workflow to achieve this involves renaming the current geodatabase therefore breaking the links in the project then re-establishing them by re-pointing to the new desired geodatabase.

Thanks for the initial input.  

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Ah yes, kind of like the "Set Data Source" option when you right-click on the *.mxd in Catalog/ArcCatalog.  I found a way to do this with Python - https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/arcpy/mapping/updatingandfixingdatasources.htm but can't seem to find a more user friendly (i.e. right-click) to do this.  Would the Python route work?

0 Kudos
ElvisTakow1
Esri Contributor

yes...this route should work as well. I'll give it a go and let you know what the outcome is