My objective is to configure a Local Perspective app for members of the general public to find locations and get directions to those locations. This means that I'll need to enable anonymous use of the Esri premium service for routing. I've hunted down, read, and followed the various help documents for doing this and have not met my objective yet. It seems to me that there is a missing step where I need to configure either the map or the app to use the Network Analysis Service item I added and configured for anonymous access. However, the help documents don't indicate how I'm supposed to complete (or start) that missing step.
So, has anyone successfully configured the Local Perspective app template to allow anonymous access to the routing function? What's the special trick... the secret sauce... the piece I spaced out on and totally missed?
Resources I've used so far:
- Local Perspective app details: http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=6e02b538bea841ed858ef9f52709b655
- current instructions: https://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-online/reference/arcgis-server-services.htm > "Share Esri premium content in your public apps"
- old blog post: https://blogs.esri.com/esri/arcgis/2014/10/07/public-access-to-arcgis-online-premium-services/
- old instructions linked from old blog post: http://www.arcgis.com/apps/Directions/resources/doc/addpremiumservice.html
- Support request to Esri
- changed "In a Place" to "ArcGIS Online"
- noted Esri support request