How to draw a decorated line

08-12-2016 10:14 AM
FernandoDiaz1
New Contributor

I'm looking for a way to draw a decorated line in the map, specifically a line with squares or triangles along it, with the shapes being equally spaced along the line and drawn perpendicular to it. Here are some image examples of the result I need:

decorated line.pngdecorated line 2.png

I've tried using a CompositeSymbol, consisting of a SimpleLineSymbol and a SimpleMarkerSymbol, but the markers show on every vertex of the line, instead of equally spaced along it, and always with the same orientation.

decorated line try.png

Is there a way to create a line symbol that achieves the effect I'm looking for?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JoeMadrigal
New Contributor III

Have you looked into looking at the CIM symbology?  Unfortunately I can't find good documentation on this but the only ArcGIS example I can find is Symbols and Labels | ArcGIS for Developers .  Perhaps there is a CIM line style that can do what you want?  Hopefully the next runtime update will have more advanced symbology.

0 Kudos
FernandoDiaz1
New Contributor

Grabbing the CIM symbol JSON that's part of that example, and passing it to Symbol.FromJson() works, but there's no reference anywhere to know what are the valid values for each field.

0 Kudos