Limit Records for CSV Export

08-10-2016 06:18 AM
PatrickMcKinney1
Occasional Contributor III

Is there a way to limit how many records can be exported to CSV from the Attribute Table widget?

If not, is there a way to limit how many records can be returned from a query on the service itself?

Thanks,

Patrick

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Patrick,

It is likely possible. What is the criteria that you will use to limit the records?

0 Kudos
PatrickMcKinney1

We'd like to limit the export to 1,000 records.  It will be for a tax parcels dataset.

We're using the Enhanced Search widget, and would want the limit to apply to that tool as well, if possible.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Patrick,

Looking though the code this is going to be a lot harder then I thought. The AT widget does only export the rows you have selected to the csv.

0 Kudos
PatrickMcKinney1

Yeah, that's what I figured.  I don't think our Tax Assessment office will be keen on people being able to export the entire tax database.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Patrick,

You mentioned that you are using the eSearch. So if you are then the eSearch will only return the maxFeatureCount that the server allows and when you export to CSV from the eSearch Search results then the export will be limited to those numbers. If you remove/uncheck the taxlot layer from the AT Widget settings then it will not be present in the AT Widget and thus you can not export all the tax lots.