Issue with tiled ArcGIS Online layer with Collector (offline use)

08-08-2016 10:20 AM
douglascurl
New Contributor III

I'm having an issue with using tiled layers that I created in ArcGIS Online with Collector for offline use. I created a map with a feature layer to collect into, which also has a tiled layer which is stored in ArcGIS Online as another layer for viewing (not a part of the basemap). I can use the map in online mode just fine, but when I try to download the map for offline use (clicking the cloud icon for the map in Collector), I get an error that says "Map Download Failed"...when I hit "more" on the error message, the message says "Unable to export tiles. Tiles only available for this level(s) [8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18] hence not able to export tiles for this specified levels [0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12]."  Which doesn't make any sense to me.

This is happening with all my ArcGIS Online hosted tiled layers when I try to use them in Collector, and I am pretty sure I was able to use tiled layers several months ago (I have not tried to use them in awhile). The tiling scheme I used matches the ArcGIS basemap tiling scheme.  The layers are also checked for offline use.

Any ideas on what might be causing this and how to resolve?

1 Reply
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

It looks like the scale levels you are requesting on the hosted tile layer do not exists on the hosted tile layer. So you are trying to request tiles from your hosted tile layer from 0-12 but you only have tiles for your hosted tile service at 8-18. If you take the map offline using levels 8-18 it should work

Russ

0 Kudos