Relationship Class permissions in a Dataset on an Enterprise RDBMS

08-02-2016 12:23 PM
BrettSanders
New Contributor III

Our database is in SQL Server 2008 R2 and we are running DB at ver. 10.1 and clients at 10.1 and 10.3.1.  I created M:N relationship classes for the majority of feature classes in a dataset, but the permissions on them were not changed to those of the dataset and there is no way I can see from Arc (outside of SQL Server Management Studio to set those privileges, so the feature classes did not work at all in REST Services or in ArcMap.  Should I re-permission the dataset or is there some other method I am missing.  BTW...we did reset permissions to the related tables that cannot reside in a dataset just fine.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JoeBryant2
Occasional Contributor II

Brett, did you figure this out?

I believe we are having the same problem (if I am reading your post correctly): I have published a feature service to ArcGIS Server that contains two feature classes and a GDB table that are all related to each other through two relationship classes I have created in our Enterprise GDB. These features all reside in separate datasets in SDE; one of the relationship classes was created in the same dataset as the source feature, the other was created outside the datasets in the general SDE directory.

I am having a hard time finding a best practices guideline on where to create these relationship classes and how that affects the permissions assigned to them when operating in SQL Server.

I was able to publish the service, and I can successfully switch between related features when using the service in a web app, but the service seems to run slow and I get a lot of generic "General Geodatabase Errors" in the logs.

Where should relationship classes be stored relative to their related features, and how do you check/update the permissions for them? 

BrettSanders
New Contributor III

Actually, I still have not received an answer to this issue for web-based maps…outside of ArcMap with Attribute Assistant rules. I don’t think that PRO has an answer for it yet until they introduce the rules functionality. See my responses to your individual questions below. Hopefully, this helps some.

Thank you,

Cary (Brett) Sanders

0 Kudos