Zonal Statistics Failure in ArcGIS 9.3.1

12-08-2010 11:14 AM
BillSaunders
New Contributor
There seem to be a number of posts all around this problem, without a definite resolution.  I encountered the following today when attempting to run ZonalStats from the SA toolbar:

ERROR 010067:  Error in executing grid expression.  Zonal statistics program failed.

I have made sure that my output table and working directory paths have no spaces in them.
I have made sure that my zone dataset and value grid are less than 13 characters.

What's more, we also have a version of ArcGIS 8 on a different workstation.  I copied the zone layer and value grid over to that workstation and the process runs perfectly.

Is there some administrative setting that may be affecting the way this SA tool works (or doesn't)
in ArcGIS 9?

-Bill Saunders
0 Kudos
2 Replies
BillSaunders
New Contributor
Anyone?????  Is this a known bug in 9.3.1??  Is it fixed in ArcGIS 10??  Thanks in advance.

-Bill
0 Kudos
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor
Have you looked at your processing environment (set in the SA toolboar - not the geoprocessing settings, which are totally independent of the toolbar).

I recommend doing this the new way, from the toolbox (in 10.x the toolbar functions like this are gone -- you have to use the tool to do zonal statistics).

There are two main reasons to do this the new way (toolbox) even if you are still at 9.3.1:

1 - the GP environment is better (includes things like the Snap Raster)
2 - You can use the toolbox Results tab (Geoprocessing -> Results in Arc 10) to rerun it when things go wrong.
0 Kudos