Adding photos to a survey designed using the web interface

Jump to solution
08-01-2016 06:20 AM
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

We designed a survey using web designer (beta) on http://survey123.arcgis.com/, but we would like to include the possibility to add photos to the survey. This appears not to be possible in the (beta) web designer. It is possible using XLSForms (although it's only 1 photo per field).

I have several questions:

• Is it possible to convert the survey designed in the web designer to XLSForm?
  • When will media be enabled in the web designer?
  • Will it be possible to add attachments soon?
  • Should I consider combining Survey123 and Collector if I want to add several photos to a survey?

Any recommendation will be appreciated.

CC. Ismael Chivite

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Xander Bakker​, we're currently working on converting a web survey into XLSForms, and it's expected to be available in the next release. (Sep. release)

View solution in original post

7 Replies
XanderBakker

We came across this thread where Ismael Chivite​ explains that attachments are enabled and repeats can be used to store multiple photos in a survey: Multiple Photos in Survey123 . This solves part of our problem. Now if only we could convert the design of the survey (web) into an Excel file.

0 Kudos
MitchellProctor
Occasional Contributor II

It's not yet possible to convert a web survey into being used by the apps, but it's being worked on for future updates.

XanderBakker

Thanks Mitchell,

Any idea when this is going to be available? If not soon, what would you recommend? Redesign the survey using XLSForms?

0 Kudos
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Xander Bakker​, we're currently working on converting a web survey into XLSForms, and it's expected to be available in the next release. (Sep. release)

XanderBakker

Thanks! That's great news!

0 Kudos
XanderBakker

I have marked this thread as answered (for now), but will post back when the functionality is available.

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Thanks all for your suggestions! Survey123 for ArcGIS now supports Image type of questions in the Web Designer. More details at the GeoNet Blog: https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2016/09/01/international-day-against-nuclear-tests-...