How do I Overcome 'Invalid App' - Web AppBuilder Error?

Jump to solution
07-29-2016 07:29 AM
FinbarGillen
Occasional Contributor

Hi all,

I was developing an App in WAB Dev Ed 2.0 and downloaded it to my local machine so I could host it on our internal server. When it was on my local machine made a few configurations to the code.

Now I am trying to upload the app to WAB Dev Ed and it will not allow me. The following error comes up;

Anybody else had this problem? Any solutions?

Finbar

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
FinbarGillen
Occasional Contributor

I found another way to overcome it.

1. Create a new application from scratch within Web AppBuilder Developer Edition and save it.

2. Go to your local folder and delete everything within that new application.

3. Copy across all folders and files within the application you want to configure to the new application you created.

4. Refresh the webpage and the application is updated with all the functionality of the application you wanted to configure.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
deleted-user-CQZbjNeBXm49
Occasional Contributor III

It has to do with the config.json, have you altered it anything after downloading?

FinbarGillen
Occasional Contributor

I added in a widget manually after I downloaded it. Then when I try to upload it it is giving the error, may have to edit the config.json. Do you have any idea what to edit in the config.json?

0 Kudos
deleted-user-CQZbjNeBXm49

Hi Finbar,

Did you add that widget to the main \client\widget....Do that be for importing it, if that doesn't work then create a new web app and replace it's (new app) config.json with the config.json of the current one, also replace the config file of all the widgets too

RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Finbar,

This normally occurs when you have a older custom widget in the app that you are trying to import. Your best bet would be to remove the custom widget from the app and then try importing it. Once you have successfully imported the app then get the latest version of that custom widget and add it to the app.

FinbarGillen
Occasional Contributor

I found another way to overcome it.

1. Create a new application from scratch within Web AppBuilder Developer Edition and save it.

2. Go to your local folder and delete everything within that new application.

3. Copy across all folders and files within the application you want to configure to the new application you created.

4. Refresh the webpage and the application is updated with all the functionality of the application you wanted to configure.

AmyKlug

Pertaining to answer #2, where is the "local folder" for the new application stored?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Amy,

For example c:\web-appbuilder-2.4\server\apps\[app#]

0 Kudos