Cannot download basemaps from ArcGIS Server.

07-27-2016 06:40 PM
JiangZhu
New Contributor

Thanks a lot!

Now I'm clear that both feature service and .geodatabase file are necessary for identifing buildings on the map.

About downloading basemap from the map publiched on  my own ArcGIS server, I made a simple app to test the downloading basemap function. But I always receive the exception info like this : " W/System.err: com.esri.core.io.EsriServiceException: Error performing submit job operation for EstimateExportTilesSize on Export Cache     W/System.err: com.esri.core.io.EsriServiceException: Error performing submit job operation for Export Tiles on Export Cache ".

The workflow of my test app referenced to the "ExportTileCacheTask" sample in the arcgis-runtime-samples-android-release-10.2.8.  Now there is no feature service on my server, but I think it has no effect on exportting tiles. Do you know the possible reason for the error?

Thank you again!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlexanderNohe1
Occasional Contributor III

Jiang Zhu

I am going to branch this into a new discussion as this question differs a little bit more than your original.

0 Kudos
AlexanderNohe1
Occasional Contributor III

Hello Jiang Zhu​,

Is the tile service publicly accessible?  Can you post a link to it for further inspection?

Thanks,

Alexander

0 Kudos
JiangZhu
New Contributor

Sorry I can't show you the link of the tile service cause the rule of our company.

I find  the tiled map service of the ExportTileCacheTask sample in the SDK samples contains only one layer with only one spatial reference.

However there are so many layers on my tiled map service ,and a variety of spatial references. In addition, my basemap used to publish map service is a little big, maybe it

is more than 200Mb.

So can you help me find out what is the problem? If you need more info to judge, I will provide as more as I can under our company rule.

Thanks a lot,

J.Z

0 Kudos