download offline basemaps from map service,identify specific buildings without feature service(if possible)

Jump to solution
07-26-2016 07:04 PM
JiangZhu
New Contributor

Recently,I'm working with a app deveploped using ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Android 10.2.8.

I hope the app can download offline basemaps for some specific  areas divided by  administrative division.All the small basemaps will be downloaded from a whole big basemap published as a tiled map service on the ArcGIS server. How can I realize this function? The main problem is the boundaries of the smaller basemaps are irregular.

There is another question that how to identify some specific buildings from a basemap off line without .geodatabase file,or it is impossible originally?

Any answer will be appreciated.Thank you!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AlexanderNohe1
Occasional Contributor III

You won't be able to use identify on TPK's or tiled services as these just show pictures, they do not carry any attribute information with them.  You would need to use a feature service to identify features.  Additionally, you would need a .geodatabase file with the feature service stored in there to identify the features offline.  This is not possible without this downloaded.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
AlexanderNohe1
Occasional Contributor III

You won't be able to use identify on TPK's or tiled services as these just show pictures, they do not carry any attribute information with them.  You would need to use a feature service to identify features.  Additionally, you would need a .geodatabase file with the feature service stored in there to identify the features offline.  This is not possible without this downloaded.

JiangZhu
New Contributor

OK,thanks.

I think the reason for downloading error may be that the basemap published as map servie contists of a lot of layers that with many different spatial references. So next I'll try make all the layers use a same spatial reference.That's what I' m thinging about.

Could you give me some suggestions?

0 Kudos