http://utility.arcgisonline.com/arcgis/rest/services/Geometry/GeometryServer/project

Jump to solution
07-21-2016 11:42 AM
RubenSchoenefeld
New Contributor

Today, when using WAB, it loads very slowly. Firebug shows me that the request to the service mentioned in the title is the cause of this. Sometimes, it takes one minute until I get an error message back from that service, sometimes (luckily) I get the error message back faster. Here's the call that's issued by WAB:

http://utility.arcgisonline.com/arcgis/rest/services/Geometry/GeometryServer/project?f=json&outSR=26...

WAB is waiting for an answer from that service before the loading indicator disappears. Here's what the answer is, once it comes back after a minute:

{"error":{"code":500,"message":"Error executing project","details":[]}}

Then, after WAB does some more loading, it issues a second request to that same service (same parameters again) and it's another minute until I get the same, disappointing answer.

Is this something only I'm experiencing? Any pointers? Because after two minutes of loading, the application seems to be working fine, is there something I can set in the application to just tell WAB not to do that call at all?

Thanks.

Ruben Schoenefeld

Utah Dept of Transportation

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ruben,

They seem to be having some service issues. This is why it is always a good idea to use you own ArcGIS Server services. You can set the geometryService url in the main config.json file for your app.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ruben,

They seem to be having some service issues. This is why it is always a good idea to use you own ArcGIS Server services. You can set the geometryService url in the main config.json file for your app.

RubenSchoenefeld
New Contributor

Hi Robert,

we already have our own ArcGIS Server. I wasn't aware that I could switch over that service to be using our server though. Thanks for the reply. I fixed the entry in the config.json file of my app and everything works fine now.

Thanks for your help.

Ruben

0 Kudos