Write out selected feature to a new shapefile feature, How?

07-21-2016 08:33 AM
BrianWade
Occasional Contributor

I have a simple multi feature shapefile, I would like to write out to a new shapefile one of the features. I would think I would select the featue in the attribute table, then use the "Copy feature" tool to write it out to a new shapefile called c:\work\temp1.shp. i am now getting a " WARNING 001102: You must have at least the ArcEditor License to run this tool with the specified data." message? I guess once again I need to go back to Arc10x to do a simple process? or not?

any Help appreciated.

Brian

0 Kudos
4 Replies
BrianWade
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Dan, I sometimes get frustrated jumping back and forth between pro & 10x as you can probably tell.

I did find and have used both those tools, and as Adrian below said right clicking on the layer in the contents pane worked just as I needed (insert Face Palm here) the strange Licensing message appears but the process completes, we only have a Basic licence here but it seems to work anyway's. I wonder if its an version 1.3 bug? anywise thanks again.

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Brian,

What software, version, and license are you using?

If using Pro or ArcMap, can you just select the feature, right click on the feature class in the table of contents --> then Data --> then Export?

BrianWade
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Adrian

right clicking on the layer in the contents pane worked just as I needed (insert Face Palm here) the strange Licensing message appears but the process completes, I thought it wasn't working due to the message, we only have a Basic licence. I'm sloshing ahead slowly learn to do in Pro what I do in 10x. I wish sometimes the processes would just proceed, and not run a "Geoprocessing Tool" in another pane, but it is what it is.

Thanks for the Help

0 Kudos