i keep getting this error Error 001272 analyzer errors were encountered (codes = 179)

07-20-2016 04:25 PM
ClintGarrison
New Contributor

im trying to publish a map service in Arcmap. The service editor is showing no errors. But when I hit "Publish" I get

Error 001272 analyzer errors were encountered (codes = 179)

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

This patch (for 10.4.x) mentions a different error number, but since I was just on the "patch" page and noticed it, I thought I would throw it out here Esri Support 10.4 (10.4.1)  Looks like it has more to do with using localization, and you didn't mention what version you were using, so may not apply at all, but just in case...

Introduction

Esri® announces the ArcGIS for Server Spatial Analysis Failure on Localized Operating Systems Patch. This patch addresses an issue when the ArcGIS for Server site designated as a hosting server is installed on a localized operating system and spatial analysis operations fail when specifying to use the "current map extent" or when using decimals in parameters that accept numeric values. It deals specifically with the issue listed below under Issues Addressed with this patch. 

Issues Addressed with this patch

• BUG-000095221 - Spatial analysis operations will fail in certain cases when the ArcGIS for Server site designated as a hosting server is installed and configured on a localized operating system.
0 Kudos