When will pop ups from layers be available in Story Map Tour

Jump to solution
07-20-2016 08:46 AM
RobertBurke2
New Contributor

These story maps are great; however the pop ups from all layers are disabled? Why ruin a good thing? The data of base layers that you add to create story maps is important. Don't disable pop ups figure out how to include them. This seems like a basic tenant of mapping. By eliminating labels from the map you have a less Smart map.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GregoryL_Azou
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. We do disable pop-up on purpose in MapTour.

I understand it can be frustrating and I wish we had a good way to let you enable pop-up on specific layer.

We are going to reconsider that decision. In the early day we found that enabling pop-up in MapTour can really degrade the user experience as most webmap have pop-up enabled and those can conflict with the navigation of the tour data. Again we are going to revisit that soon.

That should not happen in other apps, let me know if that's the case.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
GregoryL_Azou

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. We do disable pop-up on purpose in MapTour.

I understand it can be frustrating and I wish we had a good way to let you enable pop-up on specific layer.

We are going to reconsider that decision. In the early day we found that enabling pop-up in MapTour can really degrade the user experience as most webmap have pop-up enabled and those can conflict with the navigation of the tour data. Again we are going to revisit that soon.

That should not happen in other apps, let me know if that's the case.

AlexP_
by

Hi

Is this still disable pop up for story map tour? Please let me know. Thanks.

0 Kudos