For Cascade: I can only embed publicly shared web scenes/layers into the 'immersive' slides. Is this something that'll be fixed in the non-beta version?

07-19-2016 08:12 AM
CyrusBlankinship
New Contributor

A workaround is to add the scene by the URL. However, this causes you to lose the transitions between bookmarks as you scroll down. Any tips are greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Cyrus,

Sorry you are having trouble building your story. Can you please provide some additional information about how you are adding the scene and what is not working as expected?

You should be able to add scenes that are not shared publicly (from your content or your organization) to your story when you are authoring it. Maps and scenes are listed together in the Cascade media picker and you should see any scenes you have permission to view.

Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
CyrusBlankinship
New Contributor

Sure,

I am able to see the web scenes in the media picker, but when I add one that's not publicly shared, none of the layers show up. You can see/click all of the bookmarks, but none of the content is there. I also did a test by sharing one of the layers publicly, and sure enough that layer appeared in the story map.

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Cyrus,

I haven't see that before, but I'm not sure I'm following your exact workflow:

• Are these scenes and layers owned by you or someone else in your organization?
  • Which items are not shared publicly, the scenes or the layers (or both)?

Please let me know - thanks!

Owen

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
CyrusBlankinship
New Contributor

Both the scene and the layers were owned by me and shared only within my organization.

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Cyrus,

Thanks for the information. I just tested and I am able to add a private scene with a private layer.

2016-07-20 at 3.20.02 PM.JPG

A few more questions:

- What role is your user account in? (I tested with Admin and Publisher)

- What type(s) of layer are present in your scene? (feature layers, multipatch, etc.)

- Does your initial scene state have any visible layers when viewed in the scene viewer?

Also, are you able to share the scene and layers publicly so I can take a look at them?

Owen

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
CyrusBlankinship
New Contributor

That's very odd. I'm not set up as Admin in my organization and all of the layers are multipatch. And yes, the initial scene state has visible layers.

Unfortunately, I can't share the layers publicly.

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

OK, I understand that you're not able to share the layers publicly.

One more question -- are the multipatch layers on a server behind a firewall possibly with additional security on them or are they hosted on ArcGIS Online?

Sorry we weren't able to work this out here, but if you could please contact Esri Support they can further assist you.

Owen

Owen Evans
0 Kudos