For the Cascade maps is there a way to change the text?

Jump to solution
07-19-2016 07:21 AM
RebekkeMuench1
New Contributor

I would like to be able to have the option to change the text color/ size in all the different areas that text is written.

For example, I know that in the older story map templates I can have a variety of different text colors, can edit the size of my text, and can even highlight/underline/bold my text.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Rebekke,

Thanks for your feedback. We're working to add more text formatting capabilities in the future including the ability to choose text color.

Underlining and bold (as well as italics and strikethrough) are currently available -- if you highlight some text you'll see a formatting menu where these options can be selected.

2016-07-19 at 10.42.29 AM.JPG

You can also choose from a few different sizes by accessing the paragraph formatting options -- click the circle to the left of the active paragraph and choose H1 or H2 to make the text larger. Toggle those options off to go back to regular-sized text.

2016-07-19 at 10.45.29 AM.JPG

I hope this is helpful. Please check out this blog for more on building sequential sections in a Cascade story:

Using the Story Map Cascade Builder: Sequential Sections | ArcGIS Blog

Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Rebekke,

Thanks for your feedback. We're working to add more text formatting capabilities in the future including the ability to choose text color.

Underlining and bold (as well as italics and strikethrough) are currently available -- if you highlight some text you'll see a formatting menu where these options can be selected.

2016-07-19 at 10.42.29 AM.JPG

You can also choose from a few different sizes by accessing the paragraph formatting options -- click the circle to the left of the active paragraph and choose H1 or H2 to make the text larger. Toggle those options off to go back to regular-sized text.

2016-07-19 at 10.45.29 AM.JPG

I hope this is helpful. Please check out this blog for more on building sequential sections in a Cascade story:

Using the Story Map Cascade Builder: Sequential Sections | ArcGIS Blog

Owen

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
AdamCottrell
Occasional Contributor II

Owen, I am unable to change font size in the immersive section.  It is giving me large text and I do not know how to reduce size because the toggle option is size is not working like you say; but the alignment options do.  You can see the comparison below.  You can tell that mine is on the left and formatting of text is hideous.  I also added what it looks like in the edit session too.Capture.PNGCapture2.PNG

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Adam,

Sorry you are having an issue with your story. Something may have gone wrong with that panel. If you are able to share the story publicly and send me the URL, we can take a look and try to see what happened.

Did you possibly paste in text from somewhere else? If so, can you let me know what source you were copying from?

I'd recommend deleting all the text from that panel and starting again. If that doesn't work I would create a new view.

Owen

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
AdamCottrell
Occasional Contributor II

Yes, something did go wrong with the panel.  I do not know but I deleted it and created a new one and the new one is resizing as expected. Thank you!

OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

OK, glad it's working now. Let me know if you encounter that issue again, and if you do please try to let me know what steps you followed to cause the issue.

Owen

Owen Evans
0 Kudos