Web Apps - Spatial Analysis Credit Usage

07-18-2016 08:58 AM
GavinMayeda
Occasional Contributor II

I have a question regarding the credits used with 'Find Existing Locations.'

Credit usage is 1 credit per 1,000 features, is that per 1,000 features returned, or 1,000 features queried?

I believe that I already know the answer, but feedback from the community helps to solidify my position when limiting staff usage.

As always, thank you in advance for any and all help!

Dell OptiPlex 9010

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40 GHz

8.0 GB RAM

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit OS

AMD Radeon HD 7570

Dual Dell U2414H Monitors

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

That's actually a good question since http://www.arcgis.com/features/plans/credits.html  is a bit vague, and I'm assuming you've already tried to decipher

Service Credits Overview

Your annual ArcGIS Online subscription comes with a set amount of service credits, and you can always get more if you need them.

What Requires Service Credits?

You can use service credits in exchange for storage, analytics, demographics and lifestyle maps. Use the chart below for more information.

How Many Service Credits Do You Need?

The chart below shows how many service credits you will need depending on the services you plan to use.

What Does Not Require Service Credits?

Most of what you do with ArcGIS Online does not require service credits, for example:

• Accessing the data you store in ArcGIS Online in apps.
  • Using ArcGIS Online foundation maps and data (basemaps, Landsat imagery, landscape layers, live traffic, and other live feeds).
  • Exporting data stored in ArcGIS Online.
  • Performing single address or place search.
  • Leveraging your own ArcGIS for Server capabilities to host and publish map services.

My guess after looking Perform analysis—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS  would be the number of records queried, since many of the functions will return summarized or aggregate results, but that is only a guess.  That is unless you are only being charged for the storage, and the analysis is actually free????  I'm a bit confused too.

AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Gavin,

I agree with Rebecca. This is a great question. I am tagging Owen Evans​ to hopefully come with the Esri-based knowledge of an official answer.

0 Kudos
GavinMayeda
Occasional Contributor II

Rebecca,

Yes, I do have the Service Credits by Capacity chart at my desk and it is a bit vague.

Based on the analysis that I have been running, it was difficult to tell what my credit usage was per query since the subject areas were fairly small, 1,000 features+/-.  Yesterday I queried my entire map, and it used 178 credits!  This was actually a good result, because we have 177,000+ ground level parcels within our county.

As I said before, I was pretty sure that I knew the answer but it helps to have an additional voice with the same data.

Hopefully that helps you both!

Dell OptiPlex 9010

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40 GHz

8.0 GB RAM

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit OS

AMD Radeon HD 7570

Dual Dell U2414H Monitors

RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Good info, and that seems to spell out what the help document does not.  I think you can mark this a "assumed answered" now, but hopefully someone at esri will see this and add clarifying info to the doc.  I'll tag Timothy Hales​ to see if he can direct this to the right folks. 

0 Kudos
TimothyHales
Esri Notable Contributor

I have passed this information on to our documentation team.