Search Widget in Web App builder, Search result project to wrong projection. How to correct

07-16-2016 11:06 PM
AnjithaSenarath4
New Contributor

I have basemap in wgs84 (wkid:4326) and layers in same projection. I have no issues with data and layer display correctly in map. When I use search widget in web app builder It search from my layer and search results project to different projection. How to correct this. Looks like a bug in search widget. I use arcgis portal 10.4

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Anjitha,

This seems odd. I have looked at the code in the WAB Dev version and the Search widgets results should be in the same projection as the map. Are you sure your apps map is in wgs84? If you are using any esri basemaps then your map is in Web Mercator and not wgs84. If you are experiencing a bug then your course of action is to call esri tech support (if in US) or contact your local esri rep for your country and report the bug and then hopefully it will be fixed in the next release of Portal.

AnjithaSenarath4
New Contributor

Thank you for the reply. I am using the same projection and feature layer's  features are  visible on basemap in correct place. This is occurring if you use search widget to search features in same layer. the Search results shows in wrong place . Its a bug in search widget .   

0 Kudos
manishsharma
New Contributor

hi Anjitha,

Is this resolved? I am also facing the same issue with 10.4.1

regards

0 Kudos
JoshuaCarver-Brown1
New Contributor III

Hi Anjitha, I'm also seeing the same issue, albeit with the Query widget results.

Thanks, Josh

0 Kudos