Symbol Level Drawing for Alternate Symbols

07-15-2016 01:15 PM
mpboyle
Occasional Contributor III

Does anyone know if it's possible to have symbol level drawing enabled for alternate symbols in ArcGIS Pro 1.3?  For example, I have a road layer that is symbolized with casing up to a certain scale and then I switch the color scheme to something more neutral at a smaller scale.  When I zoom out to the smaller scale, the symbol levels are not longer being honored.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
mpboyle

This seems to have cleared itself up if I remove the alternate symbol, and then re-apply it after the symbol layer drawing is enabled.

0 Kudos
RachaelChasse
Occasional Contributor

Hi Matt,

I tried cased roads in Pro and had the same results as on your screenshot--the features did not join as they could be set to in ArcMap.

Were you able to join your cased roads so they appeared as one continuous road, not just cased segments? 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
mpboyle

Rachael,

You can use symbol layer drawing.  Highlight the layer in the TOC, then go to the Symbology properties, and in the top right hand corner choose Advanced.  There you will have the option to enable symbol layer drawing.  From there, you can right-click on the bottom level and send it to a new level.  You can see in the screenshot below, I grouped all bottom cases into a level.  That should accomplish the casing.

0 Kudos
RachaelChasse
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Matt!  That was very, very helpful!

0 Kudos