ArcGIS Earth locking up system

07-14-2016 02:27 PM
AbbyGallegos
New Contributor II

I just downloaded the latest ArcGIS Earth version 1.2.1 and installed it on a Dell 8700 with i7, 6 GB ram, 1 TByte drive, and NVidia GeForce GTS 240 graphics card running Windows 10 Pro 64bit.  When I start ArcGIS Earth it comes up, but I am unable to interact with it and the UI completely freezes on the machine.  The only option is to reboot.  After a couple of times doing this, I started the task manager before starting ArcGIS Earth and watched the resources.  The disk activity climbs to 80% (not sure what is going on with that), and the CPU is at about 20%, with ram at about 2.0 GB utilization.  I cannot poke around when ArcGIS Earth is running, since it locks the UI completely.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Abby

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Mandy_Li
Esri Contributor

Hi Abbey, thanks for your report.

So I would suggest to clear the default workspace of ArcGIS Earth under: C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\ESRI\ArcGISEarth.

You can save your prior work by save your workspace files elsewhere, see Share your work for details. If you still see the issue, please let me know. Meanwhile, we'll also keep eye on this problem and see if we can have any findings.

0 Kudos