ArcGis Pro 1.3 Freezing

07-14-2016 09:40 AM
ShaneFitzgerald
New Contributor

With the new ArcGIS Pro 1.3 update, I have been experiencing an issue where the program becomes stuck in a loop when attempting to open projects or add feature classes to a map. The pop-up loading window continues to spin, but never actually opens the project or add to the map. Has anyone else experienced similar issues, or is this something that has been noted for a fix?

I am currently running Windows 10.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

sorry, never... so you will need to provide more details... like are you accessing data from your machine only? somewhere else? all projects? just some? is imagery involved? SDE?  Does the behaviour exist in a new project with different data?

Oh... if someone else logs on to your computer and does the same this, does it happen to them ? (aka trying to rule out profile stuff)

The list goes on.

0 Kudos
ShaneFitzgerald
New Contributor

Dan Patterson Just working with vector data on my computer. I've had it happen with multiple map projects and different data sources. With basemaps, without basemaps. I don't believe it is a (my) data issue. Nor am I blaming it on the program. My workflows are fairly simple, so maybe my habits are causing it! Going to try switching up my tendencies; working slower, saving often, etc. I will attempt to find the source, but in the meantime please post back if you hear of any other cases. Thanks.

0 Kudos
JeremyWright
Esri Regular Contributor

You should contact Esri technical support so they can help troubleshoot the issue.

0 Kudos
RichardPoche
New Contributor II

Shane, I have had a similar issue, since 1.3 and just had it on the 1.4 final release (and maybe 1.2). It happened on two different computers and with two different projects. In my case, it usually happens on exporting or working in the projects pane when copying maps and layouts or connecting to sql data. Sometimes it freezes for hours and comes back the next morning, but most of the time I kill the process and restart the application. I would say this has happened to me at least 10 times. The application still functions, but most of the buttons are grayed out (like the close and save button). I can click between open layouts, and select items in the table of contents, and even rename items, but all of the right click context menu items are grayed also when this occurs. 

0 Kudos