In Cascade template, I only seem to be able to upload one photo at a time, which is frustrating since it's a photo-heavy app.

Jump to solution
07-13-2016 01:32 PM
MarcyLaViollette
New Contributor III

Please consider this feature enhancement before completing the beta.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Marcy,

Thanks for your feedback. We do want to enable authors to upload multiple photos at a time, but we don't have a timeline on that yet.

If you are building a story with a lot of photos now you may want to consider using Flickr. You can quickly upload a lot of photos to Flickr, make them public, and then easily connect to your Flickr account in the Cascade media picker to add the photos to your story.

Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Marcy,

Thanks for your feedback. We do want to enable authors to upload multiple photos at a time, but we don't have a timeline on that yet.

If you are building a story with a lot of photos now you may want to consider using Flickr. You can quickly upload a lot of photos to Flickr, make them public, and then easily connect to your Flickr account in the Cascade media picker to add the photos to your story.

Owen

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
MarcyLaViollette
New Contributor III

I work in Local Government.  We don't have a Flickr account, and to set one up is a big deal for public records.  So, this is a bigger deal than you might expect from working in private industry.

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Marcy,

Thanks for the additional information. I can understand the limitations some employers have on using Flickr or other cloud services -- that's one of the reasons we were excited to bring direct photo uploading to Cascade (and eventually our other storytelling apps)! 🙂

We'll work to improve the uploading experience in the future, and please let us know if there are other suggestions/issues you have.

Owen

Owen Evans