Raster Mosaic Does Not Show Elevation Data

Jump to solution
07-13-2016 12:50 PM
natashaGregory-Michelman
New Contributor III

I have 6 dem files that I would like to be able to combine and then use with las file to create an ndsm. I have tried to create a mosaic and my output reveals the boundary and the footprint of the input rasters but there is no content within the boundary. The elevation data is not there.

Am I missing something?  I have entered workspace and added the folder and used the sub-folder option. It looks correct except for the data. Thankyou for any help.

Natasha

mosaic dataset.jpg

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

curious, what is your elevation range supposed to be since you symbology appears to covers a huge range ( if it is +/3e03) so it might just be a symbology issue.  Can you look at the histogram or try a different classification scheme... and I assume that you have accounted for nodata values if they have them.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

curious, what is your elevation range supposed to be since you symbology appears to covers a huge range ( if it is +/3e03) so it might just be a symbology issue.  Can you look at the histogram or try a different classification scheme... and I assume that you have accounted for nodata values if they have them.

natashaGregory-Michelman
New Contributor III

I looked at the histogram and there was none there. When I calculated the histogram using the resampled pixels option the correct range of elevation came up. Thankyou!

I'm making my way through using this elevation data and las data and am new to things so I'm grateful.

mosaic dataset.jpg

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

glad it worked Natasha... it is perhaps a good idea to calculate statistics and pyramids if given the chance from the onset.  I find a lot of people dont think they are needed, I wish there was check to do this automatically given certain conditions.