Zonal Stats tool replication on different computers

07-12-2016 02:28 PM
JenniferRoath
New Contributor II

I recently shared a GIS tool with another user; however we are not getting the same results. We made sure to test the tool using 1) Identical inputs and 2) the same version of GIS. But we keep getting different results when running the tool on different computers/servers/systems (we work at different companies).

We have gone step by step, comparing results as we go. We narrowed it down to a problem when we perform "Zonal Statistics". The inputs are identical (running from a gdb) but we do not get an identical output raster.

Could there be options or default settings we have different that could be causing the discrepancy? If so, what settings should we look at specifically?

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Environments at the general level may differ.

In order to actually do a comparison, you have to set your environments in the Environments button/section of the tool you are actually using... this advice applies to all tools, don't rely on geoprocessing environments, I have seen it fail before.  So open the tool, go to the Environments section and check everything that can apply to the raster processing (ie cell size, extents, blah blah)

JenniferRoath
New Contributor II

While sharing screens, we went section by section in the zonal stats tool environments confirming it was set to the same thing. Is there anywhere else we should check for differences? - Thanks

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Just on a lark, swap data and repeat.  I know, I know it is the same (if it looks like a duck....)

0 Kudos