Publishing Survey123 results to a submission URL

07-12-2016 03:16 AM
JamieTill1
New Contributor III

Hi, I am trying to use the submission URL in Survey123, I created a sample survey, published to ArcGIS Online and then exported the feature service as a FGDB. I then imported into my ArcGIS Server SQL database, it added the related tables, domains etc. I then created a feature service with update, delete etc.

I took the REST URL and added it as a submission URL, however when i go to republish the survey (as per Submission URL—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS ) I get an error saying the service relationship can not be created. I tried a basic survey with one notes field, but get the same result,

It recognizes that the feature service is now different and it starts to work but then errors.

Is my workflow correct in that I can write back to a feature service without having to use an on-premise portal? Security all seems to be OK, ArcGIS Online is using ADFS and the ArcGIS Server is connected via AD on the same domain.

Any help greatly appreciated

Regards

Jamie

4 Replies
deleted-user-GpZRmORkzrlh
New Contributor III

I am having the same exact issue. Any luck in resolving this issue?

0 Kudos
JamieTill1
New Contributor III

Hi Kelly,

Yes issue still exists, i really want to be able to directly connect to an ArcGIS Server feature service and not have to go through Portal. What I have done and it seems to be working is to install Portal and ArcGIS Server and then make a SQL database the Managed Database. I can then publish my Survey to Portal and it writes the data out to the SQL server. So that sort of works for me, means I have to use Portal but not the end of the world.

Next step is to try the Submission URL using a feature service coming from my ArcGIS Portal rather than direct from ArcGIS Server. i think it will work, having dug around a bit more it looks like Survey123 has to have Portal (online or on premise) for it to work.

0 Kudos
TL2
by
Occasional Contributor III

Are you implying your Survey123 data is being published directly to your SDE?  I didn't think this was possible because it required a hosted data store??

0 Kudos
JamieTill1
New Contributor III

That's what i want it to do, to be able to write directly to an ArcGIS Server feature service but it looks like it isn't possible; in this article Submission URL—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS  it suggests if you have an existing feature service you can use the submission URL and point the survey to that. I tried however it failed, as soon as I publish it through the data store and Portal it works fine. Next step is to make my SQL Server a Managed Data Store and test that the Survey123 data makes it way through to that database

0 Kudos