Transfer Widget Configuration from one Web App to another?

Jump to solution
07-11-2016 02:37 PM
BenGrod
Occasional Contributor III

Does anyone know if there is a way to transfer a widgets configurations from one web app to another? Specifically, I have added the Enhanced Search Widget​ (built by @Robert Scheitlin) to a Web App in Web App Builder for Developer (Portal for ArcGIS) and configured searches on several map services. In some cases I have 5 different map services each with 3-4 search parameters. I would like to be able to transfer the search configurations from one Web App to another without rebuilding all of the search criteria, results, etc. Is this possible? I realize I can download a Web App and import it to another owner or copy a Web App and save it as a new Web App but is there a way to just transfer the properties of a configured Widget. Thanks in advanced for any help!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ben,

Sure there is. Just add the widget to your new app and then in the widget settings dialog change something (anything) as long as it causes the save button to be enabled. Then when you save the app it will create the config_Enhanced Search.json in the configs/eSearch folder. Now all you have to do is replace the config_Enhanced Search.json in that folder with the one from your other app.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ben,

Sure there is. Just add the widget to your new app and then in the widget settings dialog change something (anything) as long as it causes the save button to be enabled. Then when you save the app it will create the config_Enhanced Search.json in the configs/eSearch folder. Now all you have to do is replace the config_Enhanced Search.json in that folder with the one from your other app.

BenGrod
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks Robert! As always, very helpful!

0 Kudos