basemap toggle widget

07-07-2016 04:24 AM
deepthip
New Contributor

how can i create a base map toggle widget which should be a on screen widget (example like scalebar) ?

what files need to be edited to make a widget as on screen widget?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

This isn't on screen (or maybe is, depending on your definition of  "on screen"), but are you using Enhanced Basemap Gallery Widget 2.0.1 - 04/20/2015  as a starting point?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

deepthi,

Using the BasemapToggle is an issue in WAB for some reason. See this thread where I have already looked into it but never heard anything back from the dev team:

https://community.esri.com/thread/161760#comment-534257

deepthip
New Contributor

Thanks Robert. Can i know how to make a widget as a onscreen widget (example like scalebar) what files of the widget need to be edited??

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Deepthi,

I would start by copying an existing widget like the scalebar widget and deleting all the items you don't plan to implement like the settings folder (if you don't plan to make your widget configurable by the user), remove other languages from the nls files, etc.

YeonKim
New Contributor III

I searched for the base map toggle widget in WAB, thinking there gotta be someone who already figured it out. It seems Robert looked into it already and we never heard back from the developer team about the issue?

BaseMap Gallery widget is much more that what I need, and on top of it,  it is clearing results from the previous widget (near me widget) whenever basemaps are switched.

What would you recommend in pursuing basemap toggle widget in WAB?

I really appreciate all your help and advice.

Yeon

0 Kudos