AnsweredAssumed Answered

Time slider widget in the web app builder has number of limitations

Question asked by mgurgis_iep on Jul 6, 2016
Latest reply on Jul 7, 2016 by Dan_Patterson

When using the Web App builder that's hosted on ArcGIS Online I see a number of limitations with the time slider widget:

1. Cannot specify date format in the time slider...it seems I can do that in the web app template called "Time Aware" but I cannot do it in the web app builder.

Here is a screen shot from the "Time Aware" template that I want to see in the web app builder

2. Cannot set range inclusiveness...For example, I am setting my time interval to show 1 year intervals. What I see on the slider is "1 January 2015 to 1 January 2016". But I don't want to see the data for 1 Jan 2016, this should not be included otherwise the data presented is really more than 1 year..its 1 year plus a day. Or perhaps it should say "1 January 2015 to 31 December 2015" if there is no way to set this.

3. How do I specify what time range my time slider should be showing when the web app starts? For example, when the app starts I always want to show the last 1 year worth of data and not start from the beginning of the time scale as it currently does by default.

Outcomes