Deploying WebService fails 'Could not load file or assembly 'ESRI.ArcGIS.Version'

12-07-2010 02:13 AM
JoeHershman
MVP Regular Contributor
I am pretty much at wits end with this new licensing model that seems to cause nothing but problems.  My first set of issues was that I could not run NUnit tests getting an error the same as or with a different file as listed in the header.

Finally fixed that (well did not fix, just realized I could run tests using the MS Testing harness and rewired my tests).

So now I want to deply the service.  Once the service is setup it will no longer run and gives my the 'Could not load file or assembly 'ESRI.ArcGIS.Version' as the message.

These are simple operations I am trying to do, and I am spending hours figuring out issues with this new licensing model.  It does not even fail validating or anything, because it does not get to that point.  It won't even load the assemblies.

This has been a huge waste of my time, for something I could have finished in a couple hours in 9x

Any help would be appreciated
-joe
Thanks,
-Joe
0 Kudos
4 Replies
DougCollins
Occasional Contributor
Did you ever figure out how to deploy your web service?  I am trying to do the same thing and getting the same error as you are getting.

It is not even possible to embed the interop into the assembly.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Charlie
0 Kudos
sapnas
by
Occasional Contributor III
I had similar problem a while back but this was related to arcengine license initialization. I think it had something to do with assembly reference.
0 Kudos
sapnas
by
Occasional Contributor III
I remember it was related to  platform target setting of vs2008 project.
0 Kudos
BradSchroeder
New Contributor
I was having the same issue.  I finally found these two posts that showed me how to configure the IIS App Pool to enable 32 bit programs.  Once I did that, the error was gone.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6762809/asp-net-problem-assembly-file-not-found
http://blog.davidyack.com/journal/2008/5/19/iis7-and-32bit-applications.html
0 Kudos