Use a picture / graphic to label a feature

Jump to solution
07-01-2016 03:22 PM
Labels (1)
AnthonyCheesman1
Occasional Contributor II

Hi

I've got an interesting project that I'm going to start working on next week, and I'm not quite sure how to tackle it.

I need to make a series of overview maps with an overlay of the map extents of my topographic map library. This in itself is easy enough to do. The catch is, I would like to label each extent / tile feature with a QR barcode, which will be available as as an image.

I know I can use pictures as label features - however there are several hundred map extent features and I don't want to label them all individually!

What are my options for using the QR codes as labels? The two options I can immediately think of (but are untested) is either to load the QR code into my map tile FC as a BLOB feature, or include a file path to the QR code.

Does anyone have any bright ideas? Thanks!

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AnthonyCheesman1

For those playing at home, the answer was that each QR had to be loaded as a layer, and georeferenced to the correct location and scale.

The georeferencing was able to be batched up as a Python script.

More details at arcpy.Warp_management not performing as expected

View solution in original post

1 Reply
AnthonyCheesman1

For those playing at home, the answer was that each QR had to be loaded as a layer, and georeferenced to the correct location and scale.

The georeferencing was able to be batched up as a Python script.

More details at arcpy.Warp_management not performing as expected