How do you customize the colors of your symbols of an unique values layer?

07-01-2016 08:36 AM
Labels (1)
LaurieHerrick1
New Contributor

Hello,

I am trying to create map styles so that everyone within my company is mapping using the same colors and symbols to create formality within our maps. I have create text and symbol styles already but I am having a hard time with creating a color ramp for one of my layers. I am trying to change the symbol color of each value so they make more sense and everyone is using the same color. For example, water features will be a different shade of blue and vegetated areas will be different shades of green instead of the random colors that are assigned to them within a color ramp selected. I have tried to save my color ramp after changing all the colors to the ones I want it  just changes all the colors to random ones. Any suggestions? Is this even possible?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

save it to a layer (lyr) file  through toolbox it is in the data management toolbox Save To Layer File—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

there are shortcuts

0 Kudos
JosephCarter
Occasional Contributor

I would use the “Style Manager” (all can have access) and “Save” each color in a library. Use RGB exact numbers to make your colors unique. Use the free “Colorbrewer<http://colorbrewer2.org/>” of easy matching of RGB numbers. . .

0 Kudos