Basic license fees

06-30-2016 01:39 PM
johTren
New Contributor

I am interested in developing an application using ArcGis Android Runtime SDK. I would be using basic license as I don't need functionalities standard license provides. I want to sell my applicaton later.

I found following text in Android SDK guide (License your app—ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Android | ArcGIS for Developers ), which says that there aren't any fees when using basic license:

To deploy an app, you must license it at either the Basic or Standard level. When deploying Runtime technology, costs are incurred only at the Standard level.

But if I look at the term of use (Terms of Use - FAQ | ArcGIS for Developers ), it says that I have to get paid subscription to be able to sell application. I don't need any credits paid developer plan offers (I wouldn't be using any credits in my application anyway).

So the question is do I need to get paid ArcGIS Online Developer subscription or not to be able to sell application? All I need are functionalities of ArcGis basic license.

Also what happens if I buy monthly subscription and then later cancel it if I don't make enough money with my application? Will the application keep working for costumers that bought it before I canceled plan?

Thanks in advance.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
AlexanderNohe1
Occasional Contributor III

Hey joh Tren​,

I think this question would be better directed to either customer service or your local distributor.  Then you can discuss with them in detail in a phone conversation what exactly your app does and ensure there will not be any "gotchas" with the licensing.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos