rcoodey

Identify Pixel Value From Raster Catalog

Discussion created by rcoodey on Dec 6, 2010
Latest reply on Oct 31, 2016 by AndreasWalter
I never could understand why, but ArcMap has never been able to identify pixel values from rasters in a catalog, only stand alone raster datasets (there is a request for this at ideas.arcgis.com).  This is the same functionality in ArcGIS Server and REST...

I had posted this similar question in the Silverlight/WPF forums over a month ago, but didn't find a solution: http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/16335-Raster-Catalog-Identify-Image-s-Pixel-Value-(And-Legend-Not-Showing-)?p=51011#post51011

Our users really need this functionality and since it is more a limitation of the REST API, I thought I would ask here...

- From what I can see there is no way in REST to get access to an individual raster in the catalog, is this true?
- Is there no way to trick the REST API to treat the catalog layer as a standalone raster?  I am assuming REST can do an identify for pixel values on a raster dataset, please correct me if I am wrong.
- Is there no way to get access to the underlying connection info of the layer (SDE Feature Class)?  Then I could perform some ArcObjects in my WPF application on it.
- Any other ideas?

Thanks a lot for any help!!!

Outcomes