ArcGIS Online start Editing & labels disappear

06-28-2016 01:31 PM
JillPlescher
New Contributor III

I am setting up a map to edit a sidewalk feature.  What is needed to do the editing, is parcel addresses.  I added a parcel layer, labeled it.  But when I select the edit button the parcel labels disappear.  Is there any work around in ArcGIS online?

I know this isn't a problem in ArcMap. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Jill,

Is this a hosted feature service or a Map Service? Are you able to share your web map?

-Kelly

JillPlescher
New Contributor III

Its a hosted feature service, the data to be edited.  The reference data I tried both ways, as a layer and a hosted feature to see it that would make a difference.  It didn't.  The labels disappear when I hit the edit button.  But I did find a way to do it, putting the data in the EDITING APP and the labels were visible while editing. 

0 Kudos
deleted-user-E_3mB_cypJsq
New Contributor II

Hi Jill, 

Would it be possible for you to describe your work around in a little more detail?  I'm not sure what you mean by "putting the data in the EDITING APP?"  I'm looking to deal with issue as well.

Paul

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Paul,

There is currently a known issue with editing labels through the map viewer. Feel free to contact support to be added to the following defect: ENH-000085158 - In ArcGIS Online, labels disappear when editing is activated; allow labels to remain visible during editing. for tracking.

There is functionality to maintain labels while editing using the configurable apps.  Here are links to the configurable apps that support this functionality:

Basic Viewer

Edit

Cheers,

Kelly

0 Kudos