UC Daily Discussion Monday 6/27: Map Gallery Highlights

06-27-2016 08:58 AM
Labels (1)
ChrisCatania
Esri Community Team

Screen Shot 2016-06-27 at 8.55.38 AM.png

Good morning and welcome to UC! It was great to explore the convention center yesterday and we're excited to kick off UC in just a few moments. Here's today's UC daily discussion where we invite you to share your experiences throughout day. We'll also be live blogging the Plenary in the User Conference group so stay tuned once the festivities get going.

What are you looking forward to learning today? What plenary stories and talks are you most excited to hear about?

We hope you have an excellent first day and look forward to sharing the experience with you!

Esri Community Strategist
3 Replies
TimothyHales
Esri Notable Contributor

I really enjoyed walking around the Map Gallery last night. Hearing the stories of each map author provided a different perspective and opportunity to learn something new. Prior to working here in community I specialized in rasters, Spatial Analysis, and 3D Analysis; so my favorite map of course was in 3D and created using CityEngine. Great work Tuo Sun​!

IMG_5748.JPG

ChrisCatania
Esri Community Team

Enjoyed touring around the map gallery! This being my first UC it was great to take in the event and explore all the different maps and talk with the map authors and learn what inspired them.  I was impressed by the creative map work of these #gis high school and college students. Reflecting on their work and the hearing about the focus of their maps encouraged me think deeper about the world around me. The future is bright, indeed.

What were your favorite discoveries and discussions? What did you learn as you cruised through the map gallery?

IMG_0209.JPG

Esri Community Strategist
TimothyHales
Esri Notable Contributor

Did you know that the AAG GeoMentor program has a group here on GeoNet? Take a look: GeoMentors

0 Kudos