- Download and open the Sign In OAuth2 sample in QtCreator
- Have Fiddler open
- Run the app and it should successfully authenticate against ArcGIS Online
- In Fiddler note that the authorize call contains a client ID parameter value
- In App Settings, specify a client Id
- In OAuth2.qml, find the OAuthClientInfo declaration and replace the hard-coded client ID with app.clientID
- Run the app again and you'll an Invalid client_id error
- Look at Fiddler and note the absence of the client ID parameter value
It seems that no matter what I try, I can't get oAuthClientInfo.clientId to persist when using an expression to return a client ID (e.g. from appinfo.json). It only works when I hard-code the client Id.
Anyone else experience this issue, and know of any workarounds (other than hard-coding the ID).